Saturday: 15h - 19h
Sunday: 15h - 19h
Saturday: 16h, 17h30
Maximum 40 people per visit
No reservation required; first-come, first-served
Designed by engineer Avelino de Andrade in 1910, that started functioning in 1923, but only officially opened in 1932, the old industrial slaughterhouse of Porto is a building that could have also been a church. Or several. The side buildings with three naves formed by porticos and arched windows are an example of that. Organized perpendicularly to a main axis, the whole nevertheless shows a certain architectural sensibility expressed in the symmetry of the glass elevation (not forgetting the clock), in the arched and subtly decorated portico or in the columns of the front porch. This group of buildings will surely be one of the most exciting places in the city of Porto.